Top Menu

Windows 8 Sucks Ass

I am an obnoxious proponent of Linux.  I like that it is free, I like that it is open-source, and I like the custom ability it lends itself to.  Now let’s look at Windows.

Windows 8 Sucks

1. You have to grant access for programs to perform what they are supposed to do, and sometimes you aren’t even allowed to.

2. Modifying core OS features is a pain in the ass and often require you to use an admin power shell to get shit done.

3.  Viruses.  Windows users are the most vulnerable group of digital people on earth.  Windows is notoriously unsafe.

4. Windows 8 is the opposite of intuitive.  The “Start Menu” makes no fucking sense, and finding apps that you have installed is like a rescue mission that sometimes yields in tragedy.

5. Microsoft charges you up the ass for it.  Who enjoys being raped by software companies?  I don’t.

Switch to OSX, or Linux and save yourself the hassle of an archaic operating system that won’t let you the owner, user take control of what is rightfully yours.

Windows 8 Sucks Ass

6 Responses to Windows 8 Sucks Ass

1. Kcid Kcus July 20, 2015 at 2:42 AM #

I have an iMac which runs on Mac OS X Yosemite with Windows XP running in a virtual machine. The rest of the computers at where I live have Windows 8 running on them. There is an ethernet/wi-fi internet connection in the house. Guess which of the computers in the house has no problems at all whatsoever using that ethernet/wi-fi connection? MINE!!! Windows 8, you are such a sorry-ass POS excuse for an OS! Windows XP, which came out over 10 years ago, still kicks your bitch ass!

• Richard Ward July 20, 2015 at 11:36 AM #

Running XP inside a virtual machine is the best way and should be the only way to run it if you need legacy support. Windows XP is regarded as one of the best Windows releases in Microsoft’s history since Windows 1 came out in 1985. Unfortunately, not all good things are meant to last.

Windows 8 will go down in history as that time Microsoft pulled the rug out from millions of users by not including a legacy “Start Menu” option. Forcing PC users to suffer through 3 years of a wonky half-assed attempt at PC/Mobile integration, only to emerge with Windows 10 and a “we’re sorry, our bad” attitude.

And people wonder why I’ve always said Mac (Boot Camp) is one of the best Windows computers out there…

2. Richard Ward January 21, 2015 at 8:50 PM #

The problem with Windows 8 was that Microsoft has been desperately trying to get a foot into mobile since the PocketPC days. And they have failed every single time. They lost Zune to iPod, so I think they were trying not to lose the war. Their poor attempt at merging the mobile interfaces of tablets with the desktop was the bastard Windows 8. If you had, say, a 27″ touchscreen monitor — don’t get me wrong, Windows 8 isn’t THAT bad if you’re a Windows user. Unfortunately, there still aren’t many touchscreen desktops out there. By not providing an easy way to re-enable a start menu in the style of Windows 7 for those without interest in touch was an epic fail. Now they’re finally blending the two with Windows 10, coming out later this year. The next version of Windows will be that comfortable in-between release that Microsoft is known for. Too bad they couldn’t keep Windows 9. ;-)

• Cameron Banowsky February 4, 2015 at 4:39 AM #

Windows 8 tried to make every PC a tablet. Look for my post on Windows 10 maybe you will like that one a little more.

3. Marek January 6, 2015 at 3:40 PM #

I wish there were less such low quality articles. Frankly this is biased. Every OS has advantages and disadvantaged so calling any of the main ones archaic is just off or trying to be controversial.

PS: I am running Dual boot Ubuntu/Windows.

• Cameron Banowsky January 13, 2015 at 11:09 AM #

Listen, I dual boot Windows 8 and I am speaking from my own experience. Windows is archaic, and unfortunately compatibility hasn’t pushed through this old paradigm. So if you would like to explain why an expensive piece of software with expensive add on pieces of software is great for the average person, please be my guest. I won’t stop you.